Wednesday 28 January 2015

Single of the Week: Heartbeat Song - Kelly Clarkson


First things first, welcome back Kelly Clarkson. I have to be honest, I am a massive Kelly Clarkson fan! When she toured Australia during her "Breakaway" tour I spent the entire day blaring the album - my neighbour's boyfriend screamed loudly he couldn't hear it again. I pressed repeat. And that gig, wow, she was incredible. Bouncing to "Since U Been Gone" with the full crowd at the Sydney Entertainment Centre was amazing.

But now, after a brief flirtation with country music, Clarkson is back where she belongs, making catchy pop rock. And what a great return to form. Yes, it sounds similar to some of her past work, but that isn't a bad thing - she's asserting to us why her music is so great. With a great guitar riff and dance beat, the vocals are the real highlight of this track. This super fun track is a great summer anthem that will stuck in your head, I've been walking around for days singing, "This is my heartbeat song..."

With a new album around the corner, I am pretty stoked to hear what she has to offer next. I for one am so glad to have her back. The song hasn't set the charts alight yet, let's hope it starts to get more airplay and gets the attention it deserves.


So what's your favourite Kelly Clarkson song? This one is tough for me, I really do love her stuff. Okay, I'll just have throw some nominations out there, but it may just be listing all her songs! There's "Cry", "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)", "Sober", "Breakaway", "Never Again", "I Do Not Hook Up" and "Low" but I think my favourite is "Since U Been Gone". This is a perfect as pop rock gets. Play loud people, annoy those neighbours!!


No comments:

Post a Comment