Tuesday 19 July 2016

10 Artists We'd Love To See Tour Australia


Here at Internal Jukebox we've declared it the year of the concert. We love going to gigs, but for many reasons, work, money, etc, we just haven't seen as many as we'd like in the past. So this year we decided to change that and have gone to so many great shows, Little Mix, Belinda Carlisle, Brandy, The Falling Joys, Clare Bowen, Totally 80s and Madonna, twice. We have quite a few still to come this year, but there's a growing list of the great pop acts we'd love to see tour Australia. If you're reading this, please come, we'd love to see you here!

And please tell us in the comments section below who on this list you'd love to see tour Australia and who you'd add.

1 - Adele



Now we put Adele on the list knowing that a tour announcement is probably very imminent; Adele has hinted at it and Ticketek has started a waiting list. But we couldn't let this column pass without throwing our voice into the chorus of people wanting Adele to tour Australia. Imagine that show and just how good it will be. She doesn't need fancy staging; she just needs, a band, a microphone and THAT voice. Plus, I imagine the banter between her songs will be fabulous. As for songs, of course we want to hear "Hello" and "Rolling in the Deep", but more than anything we would love to hear one of her earliest tunes, the beautiful, "Hometown Glory". Australia LOVES her, isn't she one million times platinum? So I guess a tour is inevitable ... thank God!

2 - All Saints



All Saints returned this year with their best album yet and while the album hasn't done massive business in Australia, a tour would certainly be supported and would be great promo for the new album. The four ladies are sounding stronger than ever, their voices have matured and their harmonises are on point. It would be amazing to hear the new stuff, "One Strike" and "This is a War" paired with the older material, "Never Ever" would bring the house down, as would "Pure Shores", and I personally would go crazy for "Black Coffee" - come on ladies, come down under.

3 - Ariana Grande



Like Adele, Ticketek Australia has a wait list going for Ariana Grande, which is a good sign - not a guaranteed one, but a good sign. I would go crazy for this show, I have been a long time fan of Ms Grande, but that fandom has stepped up majorly this year with the release of her very brilliant, "Dangerous Woman" album, my favourite album so far this year. All the live performances I've watched of Grande's have been spectacular and I imagine her show would be a feast for the eyes and ears - that voice would soar live. Looking forward to hearing, "The Way", "Break Free", "One Last Time", and mostly, "Into You" - actually I want to hear it all.

4 - Nick Jonas / Demi Lovato



I put these two together because right now they come as a package, and that is exciting. The "Future Now" tour hasn't left North America, which is sad, because seeing these two brilliant performers together would be a dream come true. I often talk of Nick's sexiness in this blog and I love Demi's raw sexuality, and as for their voices, both are brilliant. Love to see, "Jealous", "Skyscraper", "Chainsaw" and naturally the two big ones would be "Cool for the Summer" and Demi joining Nick for "Close". How about one other continent guys, how about Australia?

5 - Dannii Minogue



Now Dannii has been doing a little bit of touring of late, she supported Culture Club in Melbourne and then played the GH, in Melbourne. Dannii, your Sydney fans want to see you - really see you! I have loved Dannii for a very long time, Young Talent Time aside. When Dannii released, "Love & Kisses" in 1990 I went crazy for her, when the film clip for "Success" came out, I made my parents buy me British Knights shoes, cause that's what Dannii was wearing. Love Kylie, but Dannii has always been my favourite Minogue, and I desperately want to see her live and sing along with the amazing tunes - how amazing to experience, "Baby Love", "I Begin To Wonder", "All I Wanna Do", and I may just pass out hearing, "This Is It". Come on Dannii, time to come play Sydney, you would have so many people come see you.

6 - Pet Shop Boys




Pet Shop Boys have toured Australia before but I never got to see them, when they first came in 1994 I was a Uni student living off my parents and I'd already gotten Janet Jackson tickets that year, so I was unable to go to another show - I have regretted it since. I want to see the amazing show these gents put on, I have bought many of their live DVDs over the years but want to experience their show for real, and off the back of their super new album, "Super" - it would be a perfect time. As for songs I want to hear, I doubt they could perform that long, but I would settle for some classics, "Heart", "Can You Forgive Her", "It's a Sin", "The Pop Kids", and a boy could dream I would get to hear, "You Only Tell Me You Love When You're Drunk".

7- The SAW (Stock, Aitken & Waterman) Factory



After seeing the brilliant, "Totally 80s" last week, how about we get something similar, but with former Stock, Aitken & Waterman artists? I know they get shows like that in the UK, but how about taking that flight to Australia? A homecoming for Jason Donovan, and I NEED him singing, "Too Many Broken Hearts" in my life, Sonia doing, "You'll Never Stop Me From Loving You", Lonnie Gordon with "Happening All Over Again" and of course Steps owning, "Tragedy" - so many possibilities for artists to come on the tour - let's make it happen! Don't care the line up, just need some SAW goodness in my life.

8 - Sia



Sia, America may love you, but Australia is home, please come home and tour! This is probably the tour I most want to happen, just how amazing would be? Bonus points if Maddie joins her on tour. I imagine this would be a visual spectacular, a true evening of entertainment. As for songs, obviously we need "Chandelier", "Bird Set Free" and "Cheap Thrills" but some of her earlier work would be great too, songs like "Clap Your Hands" and "Breathe Me". Please let this one come true, I may even go to several states to see it a few times!

9 - Lisa Stansfield



When I started coming up with the idea for this blog I was driving and Lisa Stansfield's "Change" came on, after I finished joining her for a very loud duet, I thought, yes, Lisa Stansfield needs to tour Australia. Twitter tells me she is touring all over Europe, why not just keep going south? This would be such a great gig, Lisa's voice is crazy good and her back catalogue is massive, naturally I want to hear "Change" and "All Around the World", but also I'd love to add in "Time To Make You Mine", "All Woman" and "The Real Thing". Let's get her to Australia soon!

10 - Zayn



Finally on the list is the fantastic Zayn, who's new album is amazing. I have such regrets I didn't go to One Direction's last tour of Australia - so if Zayn comes here, nothing will stop me going. He has such a great voice and I imagine his show will be awesome. Love to hear "Pillowtalk", "Befour" and "Like I Would" has quickly become my favourite of his solo tunes. This would sell out in a minute, so Zayn, get down under!!

2 comments:

  1. Ticketek is the principal ticketing company in Australia and New Zeland. Since 1979, it has provided people with tickets to the biggest live shows in Australia and New Zealand. contact ticketek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing excellent information. Your website is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What a great website. Visit@:- Norton.com/setup » office.com/setup » Telstra support » Plumbers Near Me.

    ReplyDelete