Tuesday 6 September 2016

Top 6 Singles: August '16



Well August flew by, but not before leaving us with some amazing new music! We proudly present our favourite new releases of August 2016.

Gemini Feed - Banks


Banks is back and she has released some killer music this month. With the dual release of "Gemini Feed" and "Mind Games", she has updated her style and, in the process, has made me a massive fan. The beat on "Gemini Feed" is brilliant and Banks's voice sounds so strong and beautiful. Every time I hear this song I walk around for hours singing, "You're passive aggressive". I am very excited for her new album - I know it will be amazing.

Ain't No Little Girl - Kasey Chambers


Kasey Chambers has never sounded better - and that's a big call since she has been producing amazing music for years. Post vocal surgery, Kasey has found a new sweet spot and her range has grown. This track is the perfect blend of country and rock, the guitars and drums sounding very fresh. There is a beautiful longing here and so much restraint, you can hear the passion bubbling just under the surface. If this is a taste of the new Kasey album, then sign me up now!

Still Falling For You - Ellie Goulding


I am very excited, I get to see Ellie live in just under a month! And I am so glad she has a new track to play for Sydney. And what a track! It seems like a great evolution from the last album, you can hear elements of "Love Me Like You Do" and "Army" at work here. Ellie's voice sounds strong and passionate and the lyrics are very sweet. Ellie knows how to make a great pop tune, and she does it here again!

Super Natural - Danny L Harle featuring Carly Rae Jepsen


Carly Rae is quickly becoming one of my favourite artists. Tomorrow you will get to read our review of her new album, but today we are celebrating her collaboration with Danny L Harle, the exciting, "Super Natural". It's nice to hear Carly lend her voice to electronic music, she has such a sweet tone that contradicts the heavy beat so beautifully. The build to the chorus of the song is brilliant, and this is one catchy tune that will certainly get stuck in your internal jukebox. A great little tune!

Mercy - Shawn Mendes


I loved Shawn's last album, but all three pre-releases to the new album, "Illuminate", make me very excited and I already know I'm going to love this album more. "Treat You Better" and "Ruin" are great, and "Mercy" is just as captivating. Shawn is so young that his voice keeps getting stronger and here it is sounding better than ever. The passion he finds is truly brilliant and the lyrics match the emotion perfectly. I am so upset I didn't get tickets to his Sydney show later this year, I know it is going to be brilliant!

I Love You Always Forever - Betty Who


Betty Who finally has finally secured herself the big hit she totally deserves. Her cover of the 90s Donna Lewis classic, "I Love You Always Forever" is riding high in the Australian Top Ten and it is very much deserved. This is a great cover, it stays true to the amazing source material but gives us enough new parts to make it fresh. Betty's voice sounds exquisite and the production is flawless. Here's hoping Betty has many more hits, she's a true talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment