Friday 13 February 2015

What was your first album?


Happy Valentines Day! Today is also the 30th anniversary of one the best debut albums of all time, Whitney Houston's self titled album. I was going to do a classic album review but remembering this was my first album, I thought this would be a fun blog instead.

So I'll ask you, what was your first album bought? Tell me in the comments sections below. It's funny whenever you ask someone this question they are either really proud of their first album, or totally embarrassed. I guess those people probably got Nikki Webster for their first album.


So I would have been 9, and I don't even know how I had the money saved but I did and spent that money on this cassette. Best decision ever. Before I became a lifelong dedicated Madonna fan, Whitney was my favourite. In fact I had a massive poster that I used to have above my bed. Then when Madonna started taking over the walls I tried to put my Whitney poster on the roof but it fell down in the middle of the night and tried to smother me.


So Happy Birthday to an incredible album. The singles here are amazing, and iconic. Single two was the one that really introduced everyone to Whitney, "Saving All My Love". This is still one of my favourite tracks. What a wonderful showcase of her amazing and sadly missed vocals. Second big hit, "How Will I Know" showed Whitney could also have fun with a damn perfect pop song. Final single and her biggest hit from the album was the iconic "The Greatest Love Of All". Wow 10 year old Wayne loved this song, and 39 year old Wayne is still a massive fan. It's a truly beautiful and inspiring song.

Okay folks, your turn, what's your first album? Tell me in the comments section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment