Sunday 9 November 2014

An Intro of Sorts

I have been wanting to try a music blog for a while. I've started blogs before but never followed through and was just a little worried about doing a music blog because I didn't want to to stuff it up. Now felt the right time. Music has been taking back over as a massive passion. I'm not a musician, and I'm only an okay singer. I'm a listener, and a major music fan. From a young age I have been devoted to music, have thousands of CD's and music on many electronic devices. Music has taken centre stage again, both my shows this year have been music based, "Everything I Know I Learnt From Madonna" and my show that opens this week, "Internal Jukebox", a show about music and the memories they have.

I want to make a happy blog about the music I love. No negative comment, just reflecting on great new music and classic songs that have shaped me. This isn't just some hipster blog where I'm trying to look like I am "cool". Quite frankly I often have terrible music taste, a pure pop fan who sometimes has more of the music taste of a 15 y/o girl. I LOVE Madonna, she has been favourite since 1989, and will always be. But then there are so many other artists who release songs that just speak to me.

I'm looking forward to this adventure. I'll write a music based post tomorrow, but for now, here is a cheap promo for my new show, "Internal Jukebox" that plays this week at The Butterfly Club in Melbourne. Check out these great promo videos featuring myself and my talented cast (shot by the wonderful Paul Nelson) talking about musical memories, cause after all, songs are memories!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0BeozI_xIE

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment