Monday 10 November 2014

Single of the Week - Baby Don't Lie


After a failed return to No Doubt, Gwen Stefani is back with a new single that has gotten me singing along very loudly! I have been a longtime fan of No Doubt, it was Gwen's solo stuff that had me a little hot and cold. However, when No Doubt reformed, the lacklustre outing was a disappointment. Sure, the first single, "Settle Down", was okay, but it was nowhere near as good as a "Don't Speak", "Just a Girl" or "Simple Kind of Life"(my favourite No Doubt song).

I was hesitant listening for the first time, wondering what I was going to hear, but midway through my first listen - I was already hooked. It's a mid-tempo reggae/pop song co-written with One Republic's Ryan Tedder, amongst others. Tedder seems to be the man of the moment, seemingly writing every second massive pop hit. A great beat to dance along to, and some catchy lyrics that will be stuck in your "internal jukebox" before too long.

From the opening beat to that awesome chorus, this is a catchy little song that I hope finally gets the recognition that Stefani once again deserves. Check it out below.

What's your favourite single of the week?


No comments:

Post a Comment