Tuesday 14 July 2015

Single of the Week: Not Letting Go - Tinie Tempah featuring Jess Glynne


That amazing moment when two powerhouses join together on one amazing song. Since its release, I have been unable to get the incredibly catchy, "Not Letting Go" by rapper powerhouse, Tinie Tempah, and pop princess, Jess Glynne, out of my head.

It's been a little while since Tinie Tempah released any of his great brand of UK hip hop; meanwhile Jess Glynne has been everywhere lately, whether it is her chart topping work with Clean Bandit, or her amazing solo work; she may just be the big pop find of the past few years. Together, they sound amazing.

So how catchy is this song? The beat is fantastic, perfect tune for the Northern Hemisphere Summer. And while I freeze here in Australia, it makes me want to dance and stay warm. Tinie Tempah's verses are great, he is one of the best rappers around. But it's the Jess Glynne chorus that I am madly in love with. Her voice has that unique rasp and she can belt it out. Hearing her repeatedly sing, "I'm not letting go" is awesome. I also love the part where she sings the "ohs" after the chorus. Every song she's released so far I've adored, and I haven't stopped after this one.

This is a truly great pop song, infectious and one you will want to sing out loud. It continues the rise of Jess Glynne and cements Tinie Tempah's place as a brilliant rapper, who lacks the tackiness of some of his American counterparts. It went to Number One in the UK, and let's hope it does the same here in Australia. Play it loud people!


No comments:

Post a Comment