Monday 10 August 2015

Single of the Week: Shine - Years & Years


I am all about Years & Years right now, they are my favourite band this year and their new single, "Shine" is another example why they are so damn amazing and the clear choice for this week's single of the week.

I've been loving this song for a while now, but in the past week it has gone into overdrive, "Shine" has been on loop for me and I have been singing it endlessly. While the single may not have been as instantly appealing as former single, "King", it has quickly become as infectious and brilliant.

Olly Alexander and the rest of the boys from Years & Years are on such a roll, their "Communion" album is amazing (see my review here: http://theinternaljukebox.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/album-review-communion-years-years.html) and "Shine" is one of the best tracks on the album.

So why is this song so good? The beat is incredible, 80s inspired fabulousness - but it also sounds slightly haunting. The chorus is epic, beautifully layered and makes me lose myself in the music. Plus there's some great melancholic lyrics, and the highlight of any Years & Years track are the distinctive and flawless vocals of Olly Alexander - my current pop crush!

Bonus points for an amazing and fun film clip. These boys are so very talented and I cannot wait to hear more and more form Years & Years. A very deserved single of the week, the boys are bound have a quite a few entries in my end of year countdowns.

Remember to join us on social media:
https://www.facebook.com/InternalJukeboxShow
https//www.twitter.com/InternJukebox


No comments:

Post a Comment