Monday 3 August 2015

Single of the Week: Cool for the Summer - Demi Lovato


For the past few weeks I have been all about the new big pop anthem from former Disney girl to full on pop princess, Demi Lovato. Now with a brand new film clip, it's time to crown the single of the week for the incredibly sexy and incredibly contagious, "Cool for the Summer".

Pop confession time, I am a big fan of Demi Lovato. I love the ease to her pop, and her voice. Tracks like "Skyscraper", "Give Your Heart a Break" and "Heart Attack" have been firm favourites for a while; but I truly believe Demi has beaten all of those tracks with her new single, it is that good.

"Cool for the Summer" is exactly that, it is undoubtedly very cool. It is a slicky produced Max Martin gem that is a beautiful showcase for Ms Lovato's many talents. While some have unfairly called this a rip off of Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl", it's a very unfair comparison. Sure, thematically they cover a similar topic, but then again Jill Sobule brilliantly kissed a girl before Katy did.

Love the piano that begins the track, and Demi sings so coyly to begin before building into her massive anthem with those great guitars. Lyrically it's pretty damn fun, the lyrics that make me smile every time, "Don't be scared 'cause I'm your body type". Amen sister! This is bi-curious pop at it's best, and I know when counting down my favourite songs of 2015 - this will be right up there. Brilliant work Demi Lovato.


No comments:

Post a Comment