Wednesday 5 August 2015

Top 5 Songs: Jennifer Lopez


She may have began her career as a dancer, and then moved to acting, but Jennifer Lopez will always be remembered mostly as a pop diva. And this pop diva has released some amazing music over the years, so I'm very happy to present my Top 5 Jennifer Lopez songs.

To some she may always just be Jenny from the Block, but for me she's a superstar. And she has a lifetime of amazing tunes. Picking just five was always going to be difficult. So naturally some great songs had to miss out. "Love Don't Cost a Thing" was so close to making it, as was "Feelin' So Good". I have a soft spot for "Jenny From the Block", plus the original mix of "Ain't It Funny" is a damn fine song.

So I present to you my Top 5 JLo songs, remember to tell me your favourite Jennifer Lopez songs in the comments section below:

5 - Dance Again


What a lively and brilliant pop/dance song, it's no wonder JLo adopted this song as an anthem after her divorce. The beat is infectious, the production from RedOne is top notch and JLo sounds great here. I do love those lyrics, "So why should I hide that I love to make love to you baby". This is a fun pop song that showed that JLo still had "it" years after her first release.

4 - On the Floor


JLo was judging American Idol and released this song, a welcome return and proved she was still a major force to reckon with. This is one cool song, and it's still cool years later. The song is so busy, in such a good way. It makes me lose myself in the music, and usually want to bounce up and down as I sing along to "La, la, la, la ..." This is a true dance floor anthem!

3 - Play


What a sexy song. An ode to wanting to hear your favourite song in a club, this track makes you want to dance. The guitar and the dirty beat is so very funky and it is a genuinely fun song. I do love singing loudly to, "Now Mr DJ I've asked you three times, play my motherfucking song." Such a great song I revisit often.

2 - Waiting For Tonight


Clearly I love all the JLo dance songs, cause here's another at number two. As we were waiting to head to 2000, this song was everywhere - it was the sound of that Australian Summer. I always loved dancing and singing along to this beautiful track. The beat is so intense, tribal and full, paired with JLo's stunning vocals it makes for a very special track.

1 - If You Had My Love


Yes, JLo's first two songs are one and two on this list, they were such a great introduction to a brilliant artist. I still love this song and play it all the time. It's mid tempo pop at its best, the beat is slow and thick and JLo sounds amazing. It rightfully went to number one in the US and here in Australia. The strings sound beautiful over the pop beat and it is a brilliant track and deserving of its number one spot here.

What's your favourite Jennifer Lopez song? Tell me in the comments section below.

Remember to join us on social media:
https://www.facebook.com/InternalJukeboxShow
https//www.twitter.com/InternJukebox

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. Launching 24ent a Social Media for Music. Now, share and enjoy the latest music online with the best social media App called 24ent.

    ReplyDelete