Sunday 20 September 2015

6 Singles You May Have Missed #1


Welcome to a brand new column, a way to celebrate 6 singles you may have missed, a few of these I missed at first but have now fallen in love with them. These are all great songs that haven't got the attention yet that they deserve - time to change that!
We are pop music fans at Internal Jukebox, so tell us what new music we should be checking out in the comments section below. Also tell us which of these songs you love or which you've just heard reading this and which you've taken an instant shine to.

1 - Body Talk - Foxes



While this track came out in late June and did okay in the UK, I only really got into this track recently. Foxes is a talented artist who's first album had some great tunes, and is best known for voicing Zedd's brilliant, "Clarity". This is a great pop song with a really solid beat - there's quite a retro feel to the song, which is big at the moment. Not sure why this hasn't got any attention here in Australia, as I love this tune.

2 - Regardless - Jarryd James featuring Julia Stone



Jarryd James had a massive hit earlier this year with "Do You Remember?", it was a great song, but for me, his new single, "Regardless" is his strongest song yet. The duet with Julia Stone is all kinds of wonderful. Julia's trademark quirky vocals are perfectly paired with Jarryd's smooth delivery. The song has a haunting feel, and the beginning and ending of the track sounds like George's great song, "Bastard Son". This song stalled at 48 on the charts, let's hope it can climb higher as I think more should fall in love with this special duet.

3 - Levels - Nick Jonas



Like Neil Patrick Harris, I am more than a little in love with Nick Jonas. But let's take the looks off the table, he is a fantastic singer with a beautiful ... tone. While "Levels" may not be as strong as "Jealous", it's still a really great song, so I have no idea why it hasn't been a hit yet. The beat is sublime and the chorus is all kinds of fun, and do love the voice saying, "rooftop". A good party tune, time to play it loud.

4 - Talking Body - Tove Lo



Until I researched it, I didn't realise how old this song was, originally released in January this year, though it got a re-release of sorts in May. I only just discovered it and love it, in fact, I like this more than her massive "Habits" hit. The slow groove is intoxicating, the song is sexy and pretty fun, and how can you go past the lyrics, "If you love me right, we fuck for life"? Love it!!! A very catchy tune.

5 - Coffee - Miguel



Miguel has a sexy voice, and he knows it! Almost like Prince for a new generation, Miguel knows how to sell sex. His previous work was wonderful, so I was excited to hear "Coffee", and I wasn't disappointed - just disappointed it hasn't been heard by more people. Love the beat on this tune, and Miguel's vocals are flawless. The chorus is a winner and is super catchy, and any time we celebrate coffee I'm a happy man!

6 - Slay - Nia Sioux



Time for a shocking confession, I am a 40 year old "Dance Moms" fan. Nia is my favourite of the kids, and Holly has to be everyone's favourite Mom/Mum (I'm Australian). Enjoyed Nia's first tune, "Star In Your Own Life", but it is with her second single, "Slay", she has really found her voice and her style. This is not a song to take too seriously, just have some fun with it. And what fun it is, I so love the lyrics, "Haters throwing shade, I ain't got time for that". Me neither Nia, me neither!!

Like any of these songs, or what singles have I missed that I should hear? Tell me in the comments section below:

Join us on social media to find when out we release a blog, there's a lot of fun coming up and some competitions. Join now at:

No comments:

Post a Comment