Monday 1 December 2014

Single of the Week: These Days - Take That


Listening to Take That takes me right back.I discovered Take That back in late high school, they hadn't quite hit Australia yet but were starting to make waves in England. I would listen to the UK Top Ten in my bedroom of a Sunday night and loved all the singles from their first album. Then the second album hit when I was at Uni and it got better, "Pray" was amazing. So I've watched their career closely, all through the changes. A five piece and then Robbie Williams left in the height of their popularity. They were a four piece for years, he came back for an album. Then left again, and now Jason Orange, the pretty boy who didn't do much, has left as well, making them a three piece.

It's pretty great this song debuted at number one on the UK singles chart, replacing the overhyped new "Do They Know It's Christmas 30". I doubt it will have the same impact on Australia, or even if it will chart at all, but I'm a fan. A big fan!

The song, written by the boys, is pure, glorious pop. It's a fun and uplifting track with a great dance beat and great clap track. I've had the chorus, "Tonight, we gotta love for, tonight, we're gotta live for these days", stuck in my head all week. It's a catchy track that proves that the guys still have something to offer the pop world. And what a fun clip, check it out. Long live Take That!


So what's your favourite Take That song? I've got a few I love. There's the original comeback song, "Patience", the adult sounding, "The Flood" or the boy's only number one Aussie hit, "Back For Good". But for me it's between the two lead singles from the "Everything Changes" album. "Pray" is a great mid tempo song, but I think I'm gonna have to go with the disco inspired cover with Lulu, "Relight My Fire". This song makes me happy, and the film clip is pretty damn hot.


What's your favourite Take That song? Tell me in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment