Monday 16 November 2015

Single of the Week: Stitches - Shawn Mendes


Now I am fully aware how behind I am putting this as the single of the week, it was released earlier this year but in my defence, here in Australia, the song has only just started charting and it is massive here right now. And I've just realised how incredible this song is!

Not sure how I missed this song earlier, but I did. So I am getting carried away with it right now. This is such a great song, the beat is infectious, love a good clap track, and the vocals are so soulful and emotive. He is a great vocalist, I've gone back and listened to his album and discovered what a great talent he is.

Lyrically this is a brilliant song, such emotional lyrics. Love the chorus, "And now that I'm without your kisses, I'll be needing stitches". Gonna be singing that line for quite some time. It's brilliantly written and brilliantly produced, a winner of a track.

Let's face it, Shawn Mendes is pretty easy on the eye, but more than that, he is a talented artist with a big voice and bright future. This song is finally getting the recognition it deserves here in Australia, and hopefully other territories around the world that missed it will pick it up and continue to get this awesome track heard by more people.

This is such a deserving single of the week, now excuse me while I press repeat again. What a great song!


(Sorry for the video attached, could not locate the proper video online)

No comments:

Post a Comment