Tuesday 16 June 2015

Single of the Week: Fire Under My Feet - Leona Lewis


I have been a big fan of Leona Lewis since the very first time I heard the sublime, "Bleeding Love". So I was pretty excited to hear she had new music coming out, and I was not disappointed when I heard her new single, Fire Under My Feet", I was actually pretty damn excited - this song is amazing!

This is a brilliant first single from her new album, it's a total pop anthem, The clap beat is addictive and, as always, her silky vocals prove this diva has major pipes. It elicits a similar feeling that her song "Forgive Me" brings me, and while the songs are quite different, the feeling is the same.

From the very opening moments of Leona belting out "I've got fire under my feet and I feel it in my heartbeat", you just know this song is special. Some have been comparing it "Rolling in the Deep", but that seems to be unfair. This is its own track, and a great one at that. And Leona's voice is always distinctive. There's a great gospel sound to this track, well it is also giving me a religious experience!!

It's a shame this song is struggling in the UK, just missing out on the Top 50 singles chart. Let's hope it starts getting some airplay. It is a great song that I promise you, a few listens and it'll be stuck in your head.

I already know this going to be one of my favourite tracks of the year and I'm genuinely excited for her upcoming album. Now if I can just get everyone else to listen as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment