Monday 8 June 2015

Single of the Week: Want To Want Me - Jason Derulo


Now I know this song is a little old but this past weekend I just haven't been able to get it out of my head. Every time I reached for my iPod, I just had to play this song and the chorus has been rattling around in my brain - so I just had to make it my single of the week.

Jason Derulo is one of those artists that I always like, and every once in a while he has a song that I end up going batshit crazy for. These tracks have included "In My Head" and "Breathing", now add "Want To Want Me" to the list - and it may just be my favourite Derulo song ever.

Let's face it, Derulo has a great voice and it's pretty impressive how he seamlessly changes between his chest voice and his falsetto, what a great range. He sounds great here against an almost 80s funk sound, a great and constant dance beat that is irresistible. This is a little more pop than the R&B sounds of some of his last tracks, like "Talk Dirty"; and maybe that's why this pop fan is such a big fan of this song.

With his new album out now, and a track with our own Keith Urban, I'm very excited to check out the album. There's a reason this track went Top 5 in Australia and is still sitting atop the UK charts - it's a brilliant, radio friendly slice of pop that is the perfect earworm to get stuck in your internal jukebox.


No comments:

Post a Comment