Monday 9 March 2015

Single of the Week: Calvin Harris - Pray To God (featuring HAIM)


Now I've been wanting to put this as my single of the week for a while, it is such a great track, so I'm glad to do it this week. In fact, everytime I've played it recently, at work or when friends have been over, everyone keeps commenting how much they love this song.And it's easy to see why.



I've always been a casual fan of Calvin Harris's music, loved his collaboration with Ellie Goulding, "I Need Your Love", but by far, this has become my favourite track of his - I'm pretty obsessed with it right now. Musically it is on trend, the best EDM has to offer. Sweeping strings and a driving base line combine well, this is a song that makes you want to dance.

Vocally HAIM are firing, their last album was wonderful (My Song 5 made it in my countdown of the best songs of last year). They sound incredibly fresh and their harmonising is wonderful, especially in my favourite part of the song, the repetition of "I was living in the heat of the moment" - it is just pretty damn special.

This is such a catchy song, a perfect marriage between two very diverse artists - clearly a marriage that works. This will definitely be ranked as one of my favourite songs of the year, and it's only March. Now check out the clip as well, it's stunning - the girls look great and it's very stylish.

Calvin Harris has thrown down the gauntlet with this track, your move David Guetta - and it will need to be a very strong one!


No comments:

Post a Comment