Wednesday 4 March 2015

Single of the Week: Masterpiece - Jessie J


Let's take a break from Madonna Week to take a look at my single of the week, this great number from the uber talented Jessie J. It's great to see "Masterpiece" hit top 20 in Australia, especially after "Burnin' Up" didn't do well - and I adore that song, even if I can't take 2 Chainz seriously at all!

But let's talk about "Masterpiece". The highlight of any Jessie J is always her undeniably distinctive and beautifully raspy voice, when she hits those high notes it's an amazing thing. And she gets a great chance to showcase it on this mid tempo pop ballad.

Musically this track incorporates piano, strings and synths, with some great production by Josh Alexander. Lyrically this also a cracking song, an inspirational track, "No you haven't seen the best of me, I'm still working on my masterpiece." Some impressive stuff here.

Jessie J is an artist who doesn't always get the attention she deserves, she produces some amazing pop music and "Masterpiece" is a perfect example of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment