Monday 26 October 2015

Single of the Week: Hello - Adele


The world has gone absolutely crazy with the release of the latest Adele single, "Hello", and we're going to jump on the bandwagon here at Internal Jukebox. "Hello" is such a great song and we just had to make it our single of the week.

Adele hasn't released a single since 2012's "Skyfall", so, naturally, it's a pretty big deal. And in her short career, she already has a pretty amazing back catalogue. I remember the first time I heard, "Chasing Pavements", and being blown away. I soon discovered, "Hometown Glory", and I was gone - hook, line and sinker. Then there's there's the 21 album, and it deserved all the mammoth success it received. So it seems strange that some have criticised Adele for not having a different sound on "Hello". How 'bout they shut up? Cause this song is brilliant.

Those pipes! Adele can sing, and sounds so effortless. The restraint, the power, the tone - I could use superlatives all day. Adele emotes so beautifully when she sings, and the pain she embodies is magnificent. She has to have one of the greatest voices ever.

Musically the song may be a simple affair, a sweeping power ballad with a hint of soul; but the music is there to help showcase that voice. Lyrically it's beautiful, and relatable. We've all been there, had that one break up we look back on with regret, I mean hell, I'm right in the middle of that, so Adele is sending me into tear overload! The line that is really getting me, "They say that time's supposed to heal, yeah, but I ain't done much healing". Ladies and gentleman, that is Adele officially breaking my heart!

This is Adele at her elegant best. This song is about to dominate the charts, number one everywhere (does Antarctica have a singles chart?), and then very soon we get the new album, and I for one, cannot wait - I've already stocked up on the wine and the tissues!


Join us on social media to find when out we release a blog, there's a lot of fun coming up and some competitions. Join now at:

No comments:

Post a Comment